Retirement is not just a time of change in your work and finances, but also where and how you live. Where you live in retirement can greatly affect your overall health and wellbeing andwhether or not you view this life stage as successful.
While it’s difficult to predict what the future will hold, carefully considering your options sooner rather than later may stop you from making a hasty decision you’ll regret.
If you decide to stay in your own home, you should consider:
- Can you afford to maintain your home?
- Do you need to access the equity in your home by selling or utilising an equity release product?
- How long will your home suit your physical needs?
- Is it too big too enjoy?
Should you decide that moving would be in your best interests, you should consider:
- Which services you need to be close to.
- How accessible is public transport?
- Should you move sooner rather than later?
- How close are you to family and friends?
- What activities (social and physical) can you do to keep you happy and healthy?
While many Australians are happy to stay in their own homes as they age, a growing number are considering their future needs. This can result in moving into a retirement village, and one that may have access to low level aged care without having to move again.
Halliday Shores Retirement Village we offer luxury retirement villas for independent living but with the peace of mind that you are in a safe and secure community.
Our retirement benefits are:
- We have an ‘ageing in place’ program to provide all the practical support you may ever need in your home.
- 5 star amenities including heated swimming pool, fitness room (with regular classes), activity rooms like sewing groups, internet room, library and The Shores Club – with bar and restaurant. All helping to keep you socially active and healthy.
- Maintenance free living (we take care of your garden and general maintenance)
- Pets welcome
- One of the few retirement villages close to the beach
- Close to the Bowls club
- All essential amenities close by – medical centre, shopping centre
- Beautiful location on the mid-north coast of NSW with national parks on our doorstep
- Regular bus trips to Forster and Tuncurry
- Free onsite parking for your RVs/ caravans